Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Kirk Report

The Kirk Report


7 Websites I Visit Most Often

Posted: 30 Nov 2010 10:58 AM PST

Charles E. Kirk

I was recently asked to reveal which websites I visit the most often. Although I had some idea which were my favorites, after reviewing my browser logs more carefully it became absolutely clear which sites rank the highest. Based on that tracking, here are the websites I use in order of popularity:

  1. Bespoke: insightful research

  2. Sentimentrader: excellent research and commentary

  3. Quantifiable Edges: helpful research and historical studies

  4. IBD: daily news and custom stock screener

  5. Abnormal Returns: excellent link aggregation and filter

  6. Seeking Alpha: commentary, news, transcripts

  7. Briefing: searchable news via ticker

There are many others to include, but these are by far the seven sites I visit most frequently. At least that’s what the stats currently show. If you are what you read, then this gives you a pretty good idea of the information flow I chew through most frequently and also find the most helpful.

Although I don’t have hard data to confirm this view as I only started keeping track recently, I suspect the only change in this list this year has been the removal of Dr. Brett Steenbarger’s blog which remains an excellent and must-read resource for every trader and investor to this day. However, because he is no longer providing updates to it, I do not visit it several times a day as I have in the past. As most of us will agree, he is very much missed!

Also, another trend I noticed in reviewing my browser logs is that like many of you I’m using StockTwits more and more. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see that site among the top visited websites next year as I continue tracking how I utilize my online research time. I also suspect in a year or two, they’ll be the most powerful and influential website for investors and traders worldwide.

Speaking of which, if you’re not keeping tabs on how you utilize your online time, I think you may find it helpful to do so. Frankly, if Facebook is anywhere near the top of your “most visited sites” every day, let’s just say you’re probably not using your online research time the way you should!

0 comments: